Why I like blogger better than MYSPACE any day of the week...
Number one reason would have to be because you can back search anything you can think of, and If you posted it, you'll find it. Whether it be those awesome pics you snapped out the lake or a link to order online Pizza, it's like your own memories index.
Number two reason would have to be because this blogoshere business is totally customizable. The only difference between this site and my website, is that I have completely deleted the old blog codes for my page, and re-created a new code. It's like starting with a blank sheet of white paper. No matter how many times you re-vamp your myspace page, it will always be constrained by the little things you have to put in certain areas and how they are edited, for example, your profile area will only show things the way myspace tells them to. Always your name here and your pic there garbage! My way, I choose where, what, how, and the end result is something that I can actually use, instead of the same repetitive nonsense.
As if I needed anymore reasons, this is the mother of all that is the future of marketing. With the types of webtracking that is available, for free I might add, you can literally track the people that come to your website and see what they found to be most interesting. With Stat-Counter you can "drill down" data as they refer to it. This allows you to look at various ways people looked at your page and for how long. It will also tell you things like what kind of Operating Systems and Web Browsers people are using to view your website. If so many people that are using your site are looking at it with Internet Explorer and there are still a good portion of users that are looking at it with Mozilla FireFox, you may want to go download FireFox just so can you can look at your page with the same kind of web browser they are. You will tend to notice that the way you post pics and comments appears in Internet Explorer differently than it will when looking at the same page with Opera or FireFox, etc. Same is true for operating systems. Microsoft WindowsXP alone will change the way your page looks as opposed to looking at the same page with Apple's Leopard operating system. Marketing is based on many of the same principals, you always look at different ways to deliver the fruits of your labor to it's accepting audience.
There is a tool down at the bottom of this page that monitors the traffic that comes on this site. With it you can see the last 100 visitors and how they came to your page. If they used Google or any other search engine to get to your page, it will tell you exactly what the user typed in the search bar that got them there. It will also show you a map of the world (similar to Google Earth) with every user that has hit your website pinpointed and every pinpoint is a link to that individual users details. For example, one users little pinpoint will tell you where they live, their I.P. address, their Internet Service Provider, what Browser they were using and with what screen resolution. It gets pretty deep. But among all things, that was my favorite, it actually helped me shape the way I built Cut Copy Paste and even now, that website draws it's own traffic by people that are searching for ways to edit their blogger.
That's the reason I guess I named this one Amanda Magazine, even though it's yours to do with whatever, it really is a catalogue of all your Amanda thoughts...
Number two reason would have to be because this blogoshere business is totally customizable. The only difference between this site and my website, is that I have completely deleted the old blog codes for my page, and re-created a new code. It's like starting with a blank sheet of white paper. No matter how many times you re-vamp your myspace page, it will always be constrained by the little things you have to put in certain areas and how they are edited, for example, your profile area will only show things the way myspace tells them to. Always your name here and your pic there garbage! My way, I choose where, what, how, and the end result is something that I can actually use, instead of the same repetitive nonsense.
As if I needed anymore reasons, this is the mother of all that is the future of marketing. With the types of webtracking that is available, for free I might add, you can literally track the people that come to your website and see what they found to be most interesting. With Stat-Counter you can "drill down" data as they refer to it. This allows you to look at various ways people looked at your page and for how long. It will also tell you things like what kind of Operating Systems and Web Browsers people are using to view your website. If so many people that are using your site are looking at it with Internet Explorer and there are still a good portion of users that are looking at it with Mozilla FireFox, you may want to go download FireFox just so can you can look at your page with the same kind of web browser they are. You will tend to notice that the way you post pics and comments appears in Internet Explorer differently than it will when looking at the same page with Opera or FireFox, etc. Same is true for operating systems. Microsoft WindowsXP alone will change the way your page looks as opposed to looking at the same page with Apple's Leopard operating system. Marketing is based on many of the same principals, you always look at different ways to deliver the fruits of your labor to it's accepting audience.
There is a tool down at the bottom of this page that monitors the traffic that comes on this site. With it you can see the last 100 visitors and how they came to your page. If they used Google or any other search engine to get to your page, it will tell you exactly what the user typed in the search bar that got them there. It will also show you a map of the world (similar to Google Earth) with every user that has hit your website pinpointed and every pinpoint is a link to that individual users details. For example, one users little pinpoint will tell you where they live, their I.P. address, their Internet Service Provider, what Browser they were using and with what screen resolution. It gets pretty deep. But among all things, that was my favorite, it actually helped me shape the way I built Cut Copy Paste and even now, that website draws it's own traffic by people that are searching for ways to edit their blogger.
That's the reason I guess I named this one Amanda Magazine, even though it's yours to do with whatever, it really is a catalogue of all your Amanda thoughts...
Labels: Stat Counter





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
You do not currently have to be registered with blogger to leave comments on this blog, however, Anonymous comments will be deleted... PATCAM
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home